When you are near Ashton Lane, pop into Innis & Gunn. They have a great choice of craft beers and pretty tasty food.
To get a taster of the beers on offer, ask and they’ll give you a selection of 5 very different beers.
- Innis & Gunn Lager Beer – Refreshing and full flavoured by adding zesty aromatic hops.
- Innis & Gunn Original – The Flagship beer, aged in a bourbon barrel brings flavours like vanilla and toffee combined with the malty character of their Scotch Ale.
- Innis & Gunn Session IPA – A tropical grapefruit, berry and lemon zest flavour.
- Innis & Gunn Gunnpowder IPA – A fully charged, hoppy character with orange, grapefruit and pine flavours.
- Innis & Gunn Blood Red Sky – Jamaican rum barrels meet Scottish red beer in an explosion of cool, spicy rum notes, vanilla and rich fruit.
I’ve never really taken to lager or craft beer however I was pleasantly surprised tasting Innis & Gunn’s selection.
My top 3:
- Innis & Gunn Original
- Innis & Gunn Blood Red Sky
- Innis & Gunn Session IPA
I could quite easily enjoy a pint of the Original chilling on Ashton Lane.
Now onto the food – The Scotch Egg is simply delish!
‘A free range egg, sausage & Stornoway black pudding, Scotch ale brown sauce.’
Stornoway Black Pudding is my favourite and works perfectly with the sausage & egg. The light crisp crumb finishes it off nicely.
The Scotch ale brown sauce works a treat with it.
One of the best Scotch eggs I’ve tasted and a great snack to have with my Original Craft Beer.
So pop in to Innis & Gunn – you won’t be disappointed – great food, great drink, great venue!
*Some tasting notes taken directly from Innis & Gunn